I haven't actually looked at Sibelius in a long time, but in David's case I am actually pretty sure he would find a lot of things to his liking in Sibelius. The basic concept of the application is much more what he has been asking for. Partly because Sibelius is a more modern package. But also considering what David does, I actually wonder whether Sibelius would actually be much more suited to his work than Finale.

Johannes

shirling & neueweise schrieb:

From: "David W. Fenton"

For all those who claim the Sibelius UI is so intuitive, I'd like to
hear an explanation. Was I unable to find the methods for
accomplishing basic things (i.e., bad UI), or is Sibelius simply
unable to do the things I was puzzled by (i.e., badly designed
application)?

it may be you just don't know the programme. i used it recently and found some things frustrating because i hadn't figured out how to do them, but saw a colleague working just as fast on sib as i do on finale, i just hadn't mastered the keyboard shortcuts.

not a concrete answer, but there is no reason to judge it so harshly: you (as i am) are a sibelius beginner and experienced finale user. maybe reading a sib manual would help... or at the very least giving it a more than cursory test drive.

cheers,
jef

--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com