Hi Richard,

> However, I have a significant investment already in
> FINALE formatted files.  I tried to import a couple
> files and was not successful.  Even after exporting
> to ETF first and then importing.

Your best way to transfer Finale files to Sibelius V4 is usually via
MusicXML files rather than ETF files. This is especially true for newer
versions of Finale. If you have Finale 2003 or later on Windows, use
Plug-ins->MusicXML Export Light... to save the MusicXML file, then read
the MusicXML file into the Sibelius 4 demo. To go the other way, from
Sibelius to Finale, you need our Dolet for Sibelius plug-in to save the
MusicXML file from Sibelius.

For older versions of Finale on Windows or Macintosh OS X, you need our
Dolet for Finale plug-in to export the MusicXML file. Finale 2006 has
MusicXML import and export on the File menu on both Windows and Mac.