--- dhbailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<Snip>
>We've already been told that Finale almost had linked
>score/parts a
>while ago and it was nearing completion when it was
>yanked in favor of
>other programming directions.

I should have kept my mouth shut for the last couple
of days! I apologize for the confusion I have caused.

MakeMusic was never close to finishing this. They had
done some research and consulted with engravers about
how it should work, but in the end they chose not to
start development of this project. Again, I'm not sure
of the reasons. This was prior to OS X Finale, and so
the fact they were working through the many challenges
that has given them may have come into play. And just
so there's no confusion, MakeMusic has wanted to do
linked parts for a very long time. I believe they
still want to do it, and I won't be the least
surprised when it finally happens.

Let's just hope it comes sooner rather than later.

Tyler