David W. Fenton wrote:

But it tells me *nothing* about how to perform it. I just ignore the extra, useless decimal places and play Q = 60 and measure out as close to exactly 1 teaspoon as I'm able. If that's going to be the result, I just don't see what is accomplished by going into decimal places.

If the decimal places were not used, it would obscure the intention, which is a 9:8 increase in tempo from the previous section. Indicating the change precisely, to me, makes it clear that this is what is to be attempted (and having read his writings, know that's what he intends with such indications). And even if the change were indicated with this ratio rather than a decimal, it would not be played precisely. Nor would Q=60, not without a click-track.

If NO alternative is going to be following robotically, why not use an option which shows the ideal realisation?