Can someone remind me why I _shouldn't_ switch to Sibelius? Seems like
it much more fulfills the promises of "CAE" (computer aided
engraving...).

My music school gave me Sibelius 3, including a five lesson course in how to
use it. I was excited and prepared really well for the first lesson: scanned
a piece and edited it, imported a file from Finale and edited it and finally
I input a piece from scratch. I included lute tablature, something I am
particularly interested in, and classical guitar music (many voices on one
staff). Working with Sibelius was all rather straightforward, no big
problems, but I didn't have that much influence on the final appearance of
the piece as I have with Finale.
I encountered some things I couldn't do and a number of things that didn't
look right on the page, so I had a list of questions for the first lesson.
The guy who was teaching answered me on every question: what you want cannot
be done in Sibelius. All of my problems can easily be solved with Finale,
however.
My impression was that Sibelius is fine as long as you're happy with the
choices Sibelius makes for you, but if you want something different from
standard you'd better give it up. Not much room for workarounds.
So, back to Finale. But at least I tried, and I did like the 'feel' of the program. I think I will use it for some simple music-for-pupils jobs.

David