At 11:16 AM 7/9/2005, you wrote:
At 08:01 AM 7/9/2005, you wrote:
Is there no autopositioning of such numbers as there is for articulations in
Finale?

Go to House style, Default positions, Text styles, where you can set precise positioning, relative to the note.

Dan -

See my response to this thread. Wouldn't you first have to first override the staff attachment in Edit Text Styles, which is grayed out? I've not yet been able to tweak Default Positions so that fingerings appear in anything but a row.

Ken

_______

Hi Ken,

It sounds like you are talking about the vertical placement, which for these things in Sibelius, is always relative to the staff. However, they can also be entered as articulations to get precise vertical placement. This could be done with using custom artics, as well as replacing any articulation not in use in the score (Edit Symbols).

As for dealing with many changing key and time signatures, I've never missed Finale's metatool feature here, since Sibelius' copy capabilities are so powerful and easily implemented...............

Dan

Daniel Carno
Music Engraving Services
Quality work in Sibelius, Finale, and Score
4514 Makyes Road
Syracuse, New York 13215
(315) 492-2987