After quoting a bit of my comments, including

It occurs to me, too, that there is an aspect to some of these things
that may affect certain items.  I have not explored in any detail, the
Sibelius software patents, and if there are any that relate to items
like dynamic parts linking, or house styles, it may be that MakeMusic!
may choose to ignore these items for the duration of the patent,
rather than risk an expensive lawsuit in which they are charged with
infringement.
David Fenon wrote

Er, is the Dynamic Parts featured patented, not just trademarked as a term? If so, it seems that it's a bad patent, given that there was prior art long before Sibeilus even existed.

Where do you get the patent idea related to dynamic parts?
I wrote my comments about software patents because I thought I rememberd a list of patents in Finale related materials. I cannot find it in the places I would expect to find it now, though, so perhaps the malaise I've been feeling stems from my sorely "mistaken" again. So, I'll concede that maybe there are not held either by Finale or Sibelius, and that this is a non issue for that reason.
ns