On Jul 14, 2005, at 3:33 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

the selection tool has been so slow as to be completely useless on MacFin since 2k4. It's faster to just drag whatever's in front out of the way and reposition it later.

Isn't that a little extreme? I often get files sent to me that contain some object whose origin I cannot fathom. In such cases, the Selection tool is invaluable because you can simply click on the mystery object and manipulate it without worrying what tool created it. I have had no trouble at all using the Selection tool this way in FinMac 2K4--and frankly I can't imagine why anyone would ever want to use it for any other purpose.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/