Raymond Horton wrote:

Why wouldn't one be able to? I can use GPO and the Finale sound font simultaneously on WinFin2005, although the Finale sound font will not record into the GPO recorder (which makes sense, I suppose). After all the complaining about WHAT! - NO SAXOPHONES!!!!, I just was playing with adding some Finale Sound Font saxes to GPO, with mixed results. In ensemble writing I think I would prefer a combination of GPO bassoons and other WWs. Fut for exposed sax sections it could work if one holds his nose a bit, at least until Gary Garritan actually releases some sax sounds and people pressure Finale into including a few into it's GPO Lite. If one were to make a habit of mixing GPO and the Finale Sound Font, one would need to start looking for a simple way to record a WAV file from Finale again - any suggestions, anyone?

Ray, thank you for pointing this out - I do feel better about that now. I wonder why Tyler said we can't use them simultaneously? Maybe Fin2006 is different, or maybe the included version of GPO precludes it somehow.

--
David H. Bailey