On 20 Jul 2005 at 12:17, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

> Finale dynamics markings are velocity based by default, but timpani is
> still too soft.  I am not sure what is I am missing here.  Do I need to
> create different dynamic markings for CC1?  I thought HP does this
> automatically, no?

In testing out HP in the Finale2005 demo, I've not been happy with
the balances between piano and strings in piano chamber works. For
whatever reason, HP makes the piano very soft and brings the strings
to the forefront, which in 75% of the passages in my repertory is
pretty much backwards. I've tried turning off solo/accompaniment
detection and it seems to make very little difference.

>From what I can see, HP is just not all that useful as anything but
aural proofing. If you really want to produce a MIDI performance from
Finale, you have to do it the old-fashioned way.