I also lost Address Book contacts and iCal entries after installing Fin2006.  My .Mac account came in handy for restoring the lost data!

Harold

On Jul 28, 2005, at 12:00 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

At 12:07 PM -0400 7/28/05, Darcy James Argue wrote:

On 28 Jul 2005, at 10:30 AM, Randolph Peters wrote:

Oh crap. I just installed Finale 2006 and I noticed that I had lost

my Firefox preferences, bookmarks, addons and other settings. (And

my Snitch settings are also gone.) I just checked my address book

now and noticed that it was empty too except for an Apple listing.

This could be coincidence.  I've had the same thing happen to me in

10.3 -- suddenly the Address Book emptied completely, for no

apparent reason.

It's *really* important to back up your Address Book data regularly.

Yeah, I have backups for most things. I checked permissions before

and after installing Finale 2006 (and other included installers).

Here is a partial list of things missing right after installing Finale 2006:

Address book contacts

iCal entries

Firefox additions, extensions and preferences

Lil Snitch preferences

MOTU 828mkII Firewire interface settings

I'm still discovering more!

OK, this could have been bad luck and a coincidence, but when another

user reported similar losses after installing Finale 2006 on Tiger, I

have to seriously wonder if all is well. Perhaps other early adapters

could add their data points to this discussion.

-Randolph Peters