On 28/07/05, Randolph Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 At 10:08 AM -0700 7/28/05, Brad Beyenhof wrote:
 On 28/07/05, Randolph Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 OK, I've got enough data points to make the claim that the Finale
 2006 installer will erase important files from your Library folder.

 Is this Tiger-only, or will it clear out your ~/Library/Application
 Support folder in Panther as well?

 I just got off the line with tech support at MakeMusic and they
 confirmed that there is indeed a problem with the installer erasing
 the ~/Library/Application Support folder. They just became aware of
 it 1 hour ago (it is now noon, July 28) and will stop shipments of
 Finale 2006 until they can solve this. It seems to be a Tiger only
 problem, but I'm not 100% sure.

If they are "stopping shipments," what will they do for those of us
whose shipments are already on the way (mine is in the hand of UPS,
and will be in my hands tomorrow) and/or for those who have already
received 2k6 and have possibly already hosed their user preferences?

--
Brad Beyenhof

I suppose if you were feeling adventurous, you could make a copy of your ~/Library/Application Support folder and then put it back after you do the Finale install. I'm just not sure if that folder was the only thing to disappear.

-Randolph Peters