--- Gerald Berg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> An hour!  Should I be so lucky.  A month is more
> like it.
>
> Jerry
>
> On 29-Jul-05, at 9:35 AM, Craig Parmerlee wrote:
>
> > Anybody have success playing click tracks while
> using GPO?  This
> > doesn't seem to work for me, which makes it
> impossible to use
> > Hyperscribe with GPO.
> >
> > Is there any practical way to convert an older
> score to use GPO?  I
> > read the documentation on this and the procedure
> is truly horrendous.
> > It would take me an hour to convert an orchestral
> score.

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but
for just getting the instruments set up, it shouldn't
be too big of a deal - usually something that takes 5
minutes or so.

In the instrument list, I first make sure all
instruments have a unique name in the instrument
column. Don't at first worry about choosing the
channel numbers - just get that set up.

Then go back and assign channels by instrument
families so that it's easy to remember which
instruments are on each which channels.

Typically, I'll assign woodwinds to channels 1-8.
Trumpets and horns I put on channels 17-24. The rest
of the brass on 33-40. Percussion starts at 49, and
strings at 65. You obviously won't use all the
channels in each group of eight.

Move the instrument list to the right and expand it so
that you can see it while you load the instruments.

Load each GPO instance in order and load the
instruments. For some of the brass instruments, you
may wish to add a few players for each. You can change
the channel an instrument is assigned to in the
Kontakt Player (they default to going in order from
1-8). So if for example your trumpets are set to
channel 17 in the instrument list, you might load 2 or
3 trumpets in the Kontakt Player and assign them all
to channel 1.

When you're finished, close the Kontakt Players and
enable the reverb. You may wish to adjust it at this
time. I make a couple of quick modifications - I drag
the dry slider up to about 0db, adjust the size of the
room to be about 11:00 and the width to 1:00.

Back to the Finale window, click Set Panning in the
MIDI menu.

Set Human Playback something other than None and
choose "Reset to Defaults" in HP Preferences.

Once you get familiar with it, it really doesn't take
long to set up.

Tyler