On 29 Jul 2005, at 10:37 PM, Brad Beyenhof wrote:

On 29/07/05, Darcy James Argue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 29 Jul 2005, at 8:13 PM, Brad Beyenhof wrote:

Since the Kontakt Player only shows eight instruments, I've been
having a hell of a time trying to load GPO patches for channels 9-16.
I suspect it's something easy, but I've just not found it.

You can't.  AFAIK, you only get 64 AU/VST channels.

OK, so I guess the percussion instruments don't need to be on Channel 10...

No, that's just for General MIDI. The mapping in GPO is different, anyway.

Also, I haven't even been able to access anything other than channels
1-8 so far. Clicking "Edit" (or whatever it is; I'm not in front of
the program right now) next to the "17-32" Audio Unit still brings up
a Kontakt Player that is labeled "Virtual Channels 1-16."

Not on my Mac.

That Player window title is misleading, if it's true that channels
9-16 are actually unavailable...

Yeah, but you can see what they were trying to tell you: the first player instance maps to channels 1-16, but only the first 8 are available. The second player instance maps to 17-32, but only the first 8 are available, etc...

Mac users are used to this -- it's always been tricky getting the top 8 channels on Mac.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY