On Aug 1, 2005, at 2:58 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

If anybody would like to weigh in on whether they think this is science or crackpottery, I'd be interested. The journal itself is totally legit, btw.

http://www.neuropsychiatryreviews.com/sep02/npr_sep02_brainmusic.html

The only problem here is the use of the word "music," which clearly this ain't. The value of auditory feedback loops for various neurological problems (most notably stuttering) is well established. The question I'd have though is whether these playbacks of brain activity would do any better against insomnia than, say, the very similar sound of waves crashing on a beach--or of randomly modulated pink-noise.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/