At 12:37 PM 08/01/2005, Brad Beyenhof wrote:
>The MIDI channels in the Instrument List are independent from GPO
>channels.

Yes, I've been saying this for a while.

>You can set an instrument to use MIDI channel 9 from the
>Instrument list, but Channel 1 of the second Kontakt player (channel
>17) when using GPO.

No, I don't believe you can. I don't think you can tell the first channel of the second Kontakt player to listen to MIDI 9. The second Kontakt player can *only* listen to MIDI channels 17-32, and it can only map to 9 of those channels. That is, the numbers 1-16 in the MIDI dropdown in each Kontakt player are relative to the range of that player.

I just tried this and confirmed it. Start a new score, one staff, make it MIDI 9. Play through Softsynth and all is well. Now set it up with FinGPO. You can get this channel to play back by mapping a slot in the first Kontakt player to MIDI 9, but there is no way to get a slot in the second Kontakt player to map to this channel.

Aaron.