Dean,

As I've said before on the list, you must load the KS (i.e., keyswitched) instruments whenever possible, otherwise Human Playback instructions like "arco" and "pizz" won't work.

[It's stupid that MakeMusic included non-keyswitched alternatives alongside the KS instruments -- this is going to cause a lot of confusion.]

In general, it's best to avoid the "Full Strings KS" patch (and other "Full Strings" patches), unless you are running extremely low on memory and all your string staves always use the same dynamics, switch to pizz and arco at the same time, etc. You will get a *much* better sound using the appropriate section strings for each section (i.e., "Violins KS", "Violas KS," etc).

When there is no GPO Finale Edition KS instrument available (for winds and brass, for example), you can use either the solo or section instruments -- just use whichever variant sounds most appropriate to your ears.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY