Hey, thanks. That's kind of what I thought. I assume a CDRW would suffice for my purpose, however, once I select "Burn," I can neither add or delete any data from it, right?

Dean

On Aug 6, 2005, at 11:23 AM, Aaron Sherber wrote:

At 01:46 PM 08/06/2005, Dean M. Estabrook wrote:
>Let's say I want to back  up data, and I want to use a CDR Disk.  Can
>I use a CDR Music Disk,

No.

All CDRs start out the same, what we call a data CDR. If you use a blank CDR to make an audio CD (one that will play back like a regular CD, not a CD with WAV or AIFF files), there's some kind of switch that gets set which marks it as an audio CD.

If you buy preformatted audio CDRs or music CDRs, these are data CDRs which *already* have this switch set, and there's no way to unset it. The only thing these CDRs are good for is making audio CDs to be played on a CD player. You cannot use them to back up any kind of data files, including Finale files.

Aaron.