n 06 Aug 2005, at 4:05 PM, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

this is all very well. However, the problem is this: I have different _staff names_ that play back with the same patch. GPO limits me to the amount of instruments I can have, to the amount of samples it has. This is ridiculous.

For instance: a lot of the music I engrave includes a "Basso continuo" line. This often means a harpsichord, or a cello line, or both (which may even be possible with GPO, just not with the wizard).

Yes, it's possible if you assign both the harpsichord LH and the cello to the same channel. You're right that it can't currently be done with the Setup Wizard.

On the other hand I do not want the GPO harpsichord patch to be mapped to Basso continuo as a staff name.

The thing to do would be to select Harpsichord as the GPO instrument, then assign the harpsichord LH to a different channel than the harpsichord RH (only necessary if you have a continuo realization in the RH that you want to have play back), then load two more instruments into the Kontakt player -- another instance of the harpsichord (that will play only the bass line), and a cello. Then set those both to the same channel in the Kontakt player.

This is a pain in the ass, I agree, but at least it can be done.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY