Brad Beyenhof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> They didn't just "try to ensure cross-compatibility." According to
> Steve Jobs in this year's WWDC keynote, there have been fully-compiled
> and fully-functioning Intel builds of OSX as far back as 10.0.

And, in fact, probably before.  Before the merger, the Mach
underpinnings under OpenStep were released by NeXT for both Motorola
and Intel architectures, and I seem to recall hearing that the early
Rhapsody builds were also Intel-capable within Apple.

--
Stephen L. Peters                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  GPG fingerprint: A1BF 5A81 03E7 47CE 71E0  3BD4 8DA6 9268 5BB6 4BBE