At 09:21 AM 8/25/05 -0400, A-NO-NE Music wrote:
>Any PCI-X equipped Mac has AMD Hypertunnel bug, which will cause packet
>dropouts when both PCI and FW traffic gets high.
>AMD has no intention of fixing this so Apple can't do anything about it,
>while AMD has issued fixed version which doesn't fit on Mac.  Another
>reason Apple went to Intel?

I have an AMD-based home-built PC using a VIA chipset with a PCI bus
contention problem. It was very frustrating at first, because I thought it
was something I'd done (well, yes, I had done it -- by getting a VIA
chipset motherboard!). VIA never issued a patch, but an individual guy did
within a few weeks, and it totally fixed it. Is a third-party software
patch possible in this situation? Just curious.

Dennis