>>> Darcy James Argue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 08/26/05 6:08 PM >>>
> At any rate, my main question was about the term "piatti cymbal"
> which is used in both the GPO and the Finale manual -- this is
> definitely a malaprop, right?  It should be either "piatti" or "clash

> cymbals" -- not "piatti cymbal." Correct?

Darcy:

Just for the fun of it, I googled the phrases "piatti cymbal" and
"piatti cymbals." It looks like this wording, especially the second
version, is relatively common in the sound sample world, so GPO (and
Make Music) is not alone. Please note that I'm not suggesting that this
is an acceptible excuse for what I agree is almost certainly a malaprop.

Wade Kotter