On 3 Sep 2005 at 17:44, Raymond Horton wrote:

> David W. Fenton wrote:

> >And many of those Schirmer editions, ...
> >
> >Now, if you want a publisher who is dishonest, try the one with the
> >PINK covers. . .
>
> Now, for the benefit of anyone besides myself on the list who is
> color-blind, does a third party want to link a name, unofficially of
> course, to this part of the discussion?

That would be Kalmus, of course.

> There are a lot of us males, and more than a few females, who have
> various color deficiencies, and FAR more things in the world are
> color-coded than need to be.

Well, I don't think there was any purpose served in color-encoding
the references to publishers -- I was just following the practice
already established, for humor's sake.

Of course, Kalmus has actually changed its ways and is engraving its
own editions, some of them actually respectable new editions and not
stolen from anyone else. This has been the case for about the last 10
years, at least.