Hola, Dragos,

The solution is not to use the underscore sign at all.

Instead use the letter "I" (that´s an capital i) with Engraver font or a "b"
in Tocatta font.

My procedure is first to enter a bogus character like "#" everytime I need
an undertie. At the end I pass a little FinaleScript script to replace all
the instances of "#" with the undertie sign. Then I re-space the music.

Look at the script below. (You can paste it into a new one).

//Search for the sign # in all the lyrics and replace it with the undertie
Search lyrics "#" replace "I" [EngraverFontSet] 20 plain
//End of script!

Is rather amazing that Finale provides no help for something that is needed
in almost every vocal piece in Spanish, French, Italian and, probably,
Romanian.

Saludos, Javier.