Christopher Smith wrote:

> 3) Because even with the names off, it's easy to find the name of a
> staff style bar -- just right-click the bar.

Really? If I right-click on the style bar itself, I get only the name of that style. If I right-click on the bar, I get the list of styles, but no indication of which ones are applied.

Yes, that's right. You get the name of the style when you right-click on it (or control click, on my Mac.) You want the whole list of what is applied? Well, is it THAT hard to right-click three times?

Not hard - but a typical example of a clunky counterintuitive interface which any decent software company should consider an embarassment. I think somebody else already suggested a context-menu tick-list, which I can't imagine is a difficult thing to implement. But I still won't hold my breath, because I'm sure there's all sorts of fancy 'groundbreaking features' which will take priority.