On 28 Sep 2005 at 14:12, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

> David W. Fenton / 2005/09/28 / 01:50 PM wrote:
>
> >BTW, I assume that you produced the spectrograph with some piece of
> >high-end audio software that you have. I Googled to see if there was
> >any freeware/shareware to do the same thing, and couldn't find
> >anything. Any ideas/suggestions, without spending money?
>
> I was trying to find one for you but I couldn't.
> The one I use is called SpectraFoo which is the standard on Mac:
> <http://www.mhlabs.com/metric_halo/products/foo/>
> And one which is equivalent to Windows is Smaart:
> <http://www.siasoft.com/>
>
> These are the only industrial standard I know of.

Well, I got the demo of that (after the suggestion below turned out
to not be usable by me), and I don't know enough to figure out how to
use it! I just wanted something that I'd load a file and the program
would analyze the audio spectrum and give me the chance to display it
in various ways. I was hoping to produce the same kind of graph you
made, but for other files, but I guess that's not in the cards.

> Oh wait! Elemental audio has a free one:
> <http://www.elementalaudio.com/products/inspector/>
> I just took a look, and they have Windows version, too!  They just
> came up with InspectorXL a few weeks ago, and they are quite accurate
> as I demoed, while they don't have as many features as SpectraFoo and
> Smaart that most of us, studio engineers and FOH engineers needs.

Well, turns out that doesn't do me any good, as I don't have an AU-
compatible host application to run it in -- I need something that's a
standalone application, instead of a plugin.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.