On 20:29 Uhr David W. Fenton wrote:
I think you certainly recognize that if the spectrograph analyzer is looking at the playback of the file rather than the file itself that the result will include distortion introduced by my soundcard.

David,

I am still absolutely convinced that your sound card cannot have any effect on the spectrum analysis, whether the file is played back or not. This would require the software to first convert from digital to analogue, then loop it through the soundcard, and then reconvert analogue to digital. That makes absolutely no sense at all.Your soundcard almost certainly is completely out of the whole picture (except for the playback itself, you wouldn't hear anything without a soundcard).

Johannes

--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de