On 15:04 Uhr A-NO-NE Music wrote:
David has been saying
"distortion introduced by soundcard" is this jitter noise.

That can be true. However, as long as we are dealing with a soundfile, and all the processing is done without ever leaving the digital domain, there is no jitter introduced. Jitter, by definition, only occurs either in A/D or in D/A conversion.

Also, if, and only if, the soundcard has been doing a DA and then an AD conversion there can be all sorts of problems, not just jitter. In this respect David is correct. I just cannot understand why this double conversion would be done in the first place, and how the signal is looped back from output to input.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de