Hi all,

Can anyone confirm that a text expression with an opaque background does not cover up notes and rests? I'm seeing this in WinFin2006, though it also seems to exist in WinFin2004.

(I'm doing a score that includes spoken word during GP measures. I did each line as a text expression with a frame and opaque background. When I place the expressions in the score, they do blot out the staff lines behind them, but not the rests. Changing to real rests doesn't help, and the same thing happens if I place the expression over notes.)

And does anyone have a workaround? Text blocks don't seem to let me do a frame *or* an opaque background, so they're rather useless. Only thing I can think of is to create each one as a graphic and import it, and that's a big pain in the rear.

Thanks,
Aaron.