On 12 Oct 2005 at 19:56, Aaron Sherber wrote:

> At 07:47 PM 10/12/2005, Johannes Gebauer wrote:
>  >As far as I know the Mac registration is based on the Ethernet MAC
>  >Address, not anything to do with the HD,
>
> This might be different on Mac, as you say, but when I converted the
> file system on my Win2000 hard drive from FAT32 to NTFS -- on the
> *same* hard drive -- I had to re-register Finale.

Most activation systems use a combination of hardware IDs and
software versions to create the unique key that is connected to your
PC. From my experience with other activation systems, a change of OS
would definitely be sufficient to trigger invalidation of the old
registration code.

However, I'm surprised to hear that changing the file system does,
too. That makes very little sense to me.