Noel Stoutenburg wrote:

Dean M. Estabrook wrote:

So, now that I wish to run 2 printers with my iMac G5, which has only one vacant USB port, is it ok to run both printers through a hub, or does that create some sort of problem of which I am presently unaware?

In the worst case, one of the advantages of USB on the WIN side for certain, but I assume on the MAC side, as well, is that it is "hot-swappable", so that if you have two printers, say a laser and a color inkjet, and the laser is currently plugged in, but you need to print a color image, you need not shut down and reboot, you can simply unplug one printer, and plug the other in while the machine is operating.

--
David H. Bailey