On 05.11.2005 Andrew Stiller wrote:
> On Nov 5, 2005, at 6:55 AM, Johannes Gebauer wrote:
>
>> The following 8th notes (treble clef)
>>
>> b" (on 1st top ledger line), g, e, g, (all same octave), beamed together (beam below).
>>
>> Should this beam be horizontal, or slanted (down, obviously)?

If you mean this literally, that is, B above the staff followed by G E G, all *below* the staff, then I would use a beam that runs below the B and above all the others.

On the other hand, if G E G are all in the staff (i.e., g' e' g') then I don't understand the fuss at all. What's wrong with Finale's (slanted) default? For that matter, what's wrong with horizontal?

Sorry, I was very inaccurate: b", g", e",g" (all in the same octave).

Finale's default (Based on Extreme Note) is flat.

Johannes

--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de