On 05.11.2005 Chuck Israels wrote:
My taste in this has been deeply influenced by the combination of using Johannes' recommended settings and Patterson Beam settings, and it took me a while to get used to the overall flatter look (and sometimes shorter stems) that this produces. Now I am so used to it, and so unhappy without it, that I apply the Patterson Beam plugin to areas I have just entered - while I am considering what to enter next, just to please my eyes.

Well, my approach can't be all that wrong, I guess. I am quite happy to accept that publishers like to have more slanted beams (like the particular publisher in question). I don#t like the look, but since many publishers prefer this I am happy to go with it. I am not so happy about slanting beams which I really think should be flat. But then, the publisher rules, if he pays.

Johannes

--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de