At 03:40 PM 12/1/05 +0100, Johannes Gebauer wrote:
>a little OT, but still remotely relevant, I guess. Can someone recommend
>a good backup tool which can backup the Windows User folder
>automatically at regular intervals to an external USB harddisk?
>I don't think I need anything particularly fancy, but it should be
>reliable. Freeware if there is, but that's not the main criteria.

I use a little thing called Vice Versa. Not freeware ($30 and $60
versions), but it has lots of great features. I can backup the various home
computers by directory or drive. http://www.tgrmn.com/

(By the way, I backup to an X-drive, which has various card inputs for
camera and [I hope for Christmas] flashcard recorder, and also audio output
so I can drag along my compositions to play for friends & family. It also
has replaceable laptop-style drives, so at 80G for under $100, I can keep a
few drives around.)

Dennis