Johannes Gebauer wrote:

I wonder whether anyone has tried the MIDITECH Roll'n play MIDI keyboard. For those who don't know it: It is a 37 key MIDI keyboard which can be rolled up and is the most portable solution I know.

All I need from it is reliable Speedy input, and I need something that I can take with me when I am travelling. I am just wondering whether it is reliable, or whether one should consider this more a toy.

Any opinions welcome, if noone has any good reasons for not getting it, I may go out and get it tomorrow, so I can work with it in the holidays (I am going to be in the middle of nowhere in the mountains...)

Johannes

Hey, it looks cuter'n heck! Don't know anything about it - except I couldn't find it until I figured out it's actually "MIDITECH _Play'n Roll_." http://www.music-town.de/cgi-bin/mtshop/front/shop_main.cgi?func=dlink&artnr=03.112.00035&order=&wkid=27900828957

Not to be confused with the "Play'n Roll Electronic Piano" which has a speaker and sounds and doesn't mention MIDI, BTW. (Ain't Google amazing!)

The latter likely uses similar technology, I'm guessing, as it looks mostly the same:

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview/sku__GU001/hppos__8

Seems like it would be tricky to make it sensitive at all, but if it is, it would be quite handy. I found no reviews of the "MIDITECH Play'n Roll" anywhere - you could be the first, Johannes! Go for it!

RBH