At 06:21 PM 12/21/2005, Dean M. Estabrook wrote:
>BTW, I've looked all over in my Mac2k6, and have not been able to
>find Smart Explosion, of which you speak. What is it, and where is it?

It's part of the full TGTools, available from www.tgtools.com

The TGTools Lite included with Fin2006 includes part of this functionality, called Process Extracted Parts. If you have combined, for example, trumpet 1 and 2 on one staff, you can run Process Extracted Parts over the extracted part to create just a trumpet 1 part (and then run it on a copy to create trumpet 2).

Smart Explosion lets you do this *before* you extract the parts, which has some advantages, especially if you have many of these staves.

See http://tgtools.com/parts.htm and http://tgtools.com/parproc.htm for more info.

Aaron.