At 09:54 PM 12/21/2005, Robert Patterson wrote:
>First, you seem to have missed the point of forking. The forked score
>has a very short lifespan. It lives only from the time the score is
>finished until the time the parts have been extracted. Then it goes into
>the bit bucket.

Really? I keep my "parts score" around, in case I need to make revisions. Copying and pasting changes from the main score to the parts score is, for me, much faster than re-creating the parts score from the main score, with all the cues, etc.

And David Fenton said, about cues:

>> Why can't it be done in the score, and placed in, say, a layer that
>> is not visible in the score?

Well, cues usually *are* put into a different layer. But I find quite often that the "real" whole rest which is also put into layer 1 of a cue measure needs to be shifted vertically by more than the default amount in order to avoid the cue notes. So if I put cue notes into my main score, before printing I would need to hide the layer with the cue notes *and* go back and unshift the various whole rests.

(Or I could leave the rests unshifted in the score and fix them in the parts, I suppose, though this feels odd to me.)

Aaron.