Johannes Gebauer

> Wouldn't it be easier to do this in the Parts-Score, ie once, instead of
> for every part?

In theory, perhaps. In practice, I don't trust Copy/Insert well enough. (It has
many bugs and omissions, even in Fin06 which I still don't use.) There are some
other obstacles as well, like differences in the numbers and types of staves
between different score files. For example, sometimes I concatenate all but the
percussion part. I may leave the percussion part in separate files if the
instrumentation varies widely from movement to movement.

There might in fact be some economies in doing it all at once, but the amount
of spinning cursor time involved is just too large. I tend to complete each
individual part before extracting the next. This often allows me to find and
correct errors before extracting subsequent parts, as well as tweaking the
settings in the parts-score based on changes I had to make after extracting the
early parts.

BTW: an absolutely essential tool for laying out parts is the free plugin, JW
Space Systems. It is vastly superior to the built-in system spacing tools,
which I have never been able to figure out how to use. (Why bother, when JW
Space Systems works so well.) And did I mention, IT'S FREE.

RP