Henry E. Howey wrote:

Since my FINALE class for the Musicology School in Cremona will include a
brief history of computer music notation, I was wondering if anyone might
have some odd bits of experiences to share with me, particularly regarding
OTHER music notation software?

I too am taking a music publishing course next semester, I think that a history of computer music publishing is a great idea! (I give my students a piece of (current) software to investigate, and get them to do a presentation on it, which is also a nice way to go).

If there was some way to give them a whole lot of samples from different programmes from across the years (preferably of the same output?) that's always interesting I think. Going right back to Professional Composer and the like in the end of the 80s.

When teaching this class before I got them to engrave a section of music using a Music Typewriter. It sure got them to appreciate computer music engraving, that's for sure.

Are these the sorts of suggestions you were looking for?

Matthew