>Kurt Gnos écrit:
>>no problems with PDFs here (WinFin2006c). Do you mean when you display a
>>whole page? This will depend on your screen resolution (1600x1200 here).
>>My PDFs or ok to look, if I enlarge them the staff lines are fine, and
>>printing them is no problem and looking fine.
>>
>>I guess if you have a smaller display resolution the lines might be
>>uglier, but this is a mathematical problem - the lower the resolution the
>>uglier the lines, I think. I don't see how Adobe could get that better, I
>>should think it either gets a 0 or an 1 when interpreting the image
>>information, and even if PDFs got some special screen preview as EPS,
>>there is no garantee to get them right on the screen.
>
>Compare a PDF of the same Finale file produced on a Mac and on a PC, and
>you'll immediately see what we mean by ugly output on screen. The fact
>remains that Mac-generated PDFs look much better. This shouldn't be a
>problem even at low resolution. There's no reason why all staff lines
>shouldn't be identical on the screen.
>
>Dennis

Last time we looked at this issue we discovered that Finale Windows
generated PDF files had staff lines that were composed of very thin
lines, that is to say something like 10 very skinny lines per staff
line. That was the difference between the Mac and Windows PDF files, and
the display problem is likely the result of all the very closely knit
clustering.

It would be interesting to get an official response as to why this is
the case.

--
Simon Troup
Digital Music Art