At 01:06 PM 1/24/06 -0800, Dean M. Estabrook wrote:
>Well, I'm grateful that I wasn't yelling into an empty forest, and
>that life goes on, even if it's sans issues. I'm sure a major
>conflagration will out in due time.

This won't start one, but I do have a general question. :)

I've almost never been asked for Finale files, but tend to provide them
anyway, just so there's a record in more than one place.

But last week, I was asked for the files by a composer who wanted to tweak
the results. I thought nothing of it -- until he was having nightmares with
my multiple workarounds, forgot to turn off automatic spacing, didn't know
how to work with the page size (I work in an approximately 9x12 original
before going to PDF) and couldn't read my custom fonts on his Mac (just
Roman numerals, in this case).

What do folks normally do? Because I do exclusively new music, it's not
like I'm a jealous guardian of the original files. I feel like they belong
with the composer. On the other hand, I'm not enthused about offering
ongoing help in this way, even though this is an occasional but faithful
engraving client.

Dennis