Mr. Ross offers wonderful advice, but I don't make his salary. Most concerts here in the New York City are, forget about it. They're out of my price range. Yes, I know about the few free concerts here, I attend them as often as possible. And most CDs aren't cheap either. I have limited discretionary income, so I'm sure as hell not taking a chance on a dud.

Well, I can sympathize, as I can't afford Lincoln Center either, but I can certainly afford Tonic or the Kitchen or the Stone. Or, of course, Zebulon, which offers up great new music without a cover charge every night.

As for "taking a chance on a dud," you take that chance every time you go to see music, and I would submit that you have at least as good a chance of hearing a dud at Lincoln Center. The only difference is that you would have shelled out a hundred dollars for the privilege.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://secretsociety.typepad.com