<<But, "almost nonexistent"?  Surely an exaggeration.>>Phil

I only have local knowledge. And unfortunately here in the mostly wonderful city of San Francisco, except for the performing arts high school, music programs have disappeared and it's a continous fight to provde any music. I know this because I'm on the board of "Music In Schools Today" and we're attempting to remedy the situation. I know in the rich suburbs where parents invest in their schools things are OK, but here in the inner city, where the need for melodic inspiration may be greatest, the kids never get to sing.

Mike Greensill

www.mikegreensill.com

BTW I'm enjoying all the off-topic chatter, takes my mind off my current Finale troubles. Everyday I have to start the computer, open Finale, have it tell me that it's expecting midi blah blah, then unplug the usb connection of my keyboard, plug it back in, close Finale, restart the computer, re-open Finale and presto! It works. What is that? I have all the latest drivers etc. powerbook G4 - Radium 49 - Finale 2006c