Andrew and/or John, I did some Web searching to see what I could find about this renumbering, and the only thing I could find is that there is no real Schubert 7th, that the original renumbering of "8" and "9" was made to account for a "missing symphony" that was later determined to be the Great C Major. Would this account for this new re-numbering of the latter as the 8th, or has the Unfinished really been determined to have been written last?

Raymond Horton