On 16.02.2006 David W. Fenton wrote:
In Europe the law does actually guarantee royalties to editors of, in
> particular, critical editions. . . .

How many times must I post that this issue is irrelevant to the Hyperion decision? Sawkins was paid a fee for use of his edition in the recording. The lawsuit was about royalties, not about the customary fees paid for the use of editions in performance and in recordings.

How many times must I post that it is _royalties_ which are guaranteed, regardless of whether a fee was paid or not? The fee he was paid has nothing to do with what he is guaranteed by law. You also pay for an edition you buy, that doesn't mean you don't have to pay royalties.

Oh well.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com