Hello Finale -

I am having trouble combining three pieces of music (MUS files) into one continuous piece of music. I guess it's a "cut and paste," or "copy and append." operation. But I can't seeem to make it work for 3 separate files. How do I put them together into one score?

No problem using MASS EDIT within one score.

Assuming there is a way to do this with three separate MUS files, do the staffs all have to match up re type and ordering?

Thanks; Bill S

I would use clip files as they are the most accurate method.

You can find all the details for this and other methods of mass copying in the On Line Manual (OLM) under "Copying Music" (Chapter 3 page 22 in my version).

Obviously, staffs much match up in layout and order if you want the right parts to copy in to their respective staffs. If your 3 pieces of music contain different instrumentation then I would suggest you take the score with the most staffs, add in other staffs to line up with the other 2 pieces as best you can so you have everything covered, then copy in sections of each piece that correspond correctly to the instrument staffs in you 'master' score.

You can then 'optimize' out staffs that contain sections with longs passages of rests in the final page view layout.

Jonathan