----- Original Message ----- From: "D. Keneth Fowler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <finale@shsu.edu>
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 5:43 PM
Subject: [Finale] Two questions WinFin 2004b

These are probably in Finale 101, but  . . . .

How do I place brackets on eighth note triplets? The quarters seem to get brackets automatically, but no luck with eighths. Did I miss it in the Manual?

If you *must* use brackets on beamed notes, use the Tuplet tool, click on
the first note of the tuplet, double-click on the tuplet handle and the
Tuplet Definition dialog will come up.  The options for including a beam are
there.

Someone here will probably yell at me, but you really shouldn't use tuplet
brackets with beamed notes because the beam itself serves as the bracket.

I vaguely remember long ago using a character to mark chords that are to be rolled. As I remember I could enter the character and drag it to any desired length. The ones I can find are all fixed length.

If there is, I haven't been able to find it.  That's why I created a Rolls
font with many lengths (even 2-staff), with and without arrows, that can be
used as articulations and will automatically space to avoid collisions with
a previous barline or other notes.  This would be something that Finale
should be able to do natively in future versions.

Bill Duncan

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Ken Fowler