On Mar 29, 2006, at 1:47 AM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

If you can train yourself to read chord symbols, the Standards Real Book (from Chuck Sher publishing) probably has the best selection of tunes for what you're looking for:

Ah yes, that was the title that you guys all mentioned before. Now I remember.

Keep in mind that fake books by definition have chord symbols only, not fully written-out accompaniments.

OK, in that case what I'm looking for is something sort of like a fake book but different in that respect. (A fake fake book?) I guess I could say that I'm looking for a really fat anthology that packs in a whole lot of songs by using small print and no-frills layout.

mdl