Yeah that joke was old - but the most amazing thing this time was following the links and finding that, behind the usual battles over authorship on a simple song like that, behind all of them were, likely title and lyrics written by, I kid-you-not the SHAKERS. Look it up.

RBH

Christopher Smith wrote:

On Apr 11, 2006, at 5:06 PM, Aaron Sherber wrote:

At 04:45 PM 4/11/2006, John Hughes wrote:
>With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment,
>it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which
>almost went unnoticed last week.

That's because it didn't happen last week. He died in 1996. See <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_LaPrise>, or, if you prefer, <http://www.cnn.com/US/9604/10/newsbriefs/> (scroll down to second item).

Yeah, the joke IS ten years old.

Still funny, though.

Christopher