Title: Re: [Finale] Doc Opts revised slur settings
Thanks! I tried these out some and they seem pretty nice in comparison to the default values. One of the big challenges that I face here at A-R is attempting to make Finale look like MusE, (our proprietary software). One of the things I find myself doing often is adjusting slurs at system breaks to give them more height and clarity, showing they are slurs, not ties. These numbers might be extreme in some cases, but then again, maybe not:

In Smart Slur Options:

Slur System Breaks:
Avoid Staff Lines by 24 (a big increase from the previous 8)
System Start Adjustment -12
System End Adjustment 0

The start and end are horizontal distance from the right system margin for system end and from the start of music for system start. (or at least that’s how it appears). Adding a negative value to system start adjustment moves the beginning of that slur to the left. Careful it doesn’t but into your clefs if they are a little bigger/wider.

I’m curious if someone can enlighten me as to what exactly the initial adjustment options are talking about when we say stretch and lift? I read the manual page and was still left wondering a little.

--
Scot Hanna-Weir
Music Engraver

Forgive me for not re-quoting the entire set of options: